Monday, March 28, 2011

Elephants for Dinner

Maggie is developing a knack for bonking her head recently, and had at least three bonks within a 24-hour period of time during Laura's visit. The last of which happened right before dinner - never a good time for anything, as she is usually tired AND hungry. As I was attempting to calm her down I decided to try to distract her from the trauma of her fall with the thought of food. (She is her mother's daughter...this tactic often helps)

Me: "Maggie, what would you like for dinner?"
(More sobbing)
Me: "Would you like chicken?"
M: "No."
Me: "Would you like sausage?"
M: "No."
Me: "Would you like macaroni and cheese?"
M: "No."

I was absolutely perplexed at this point, as none of her favorites were working. So I decided to take a cue from, "What's Wrong Little Pookie?"

Me: "Would you like...ELEPHANTS??"
M: (pause) "Yes."

Gary: "I can't wait to see how you're going to pull this one off."

Fortunately I took the picture before I flipped it. And fortunately between the pancake and syrup combo she forgot all about the fact it was supposed to look like an elephant.


No comments: