Sunday, May 8, 2011

It Takes a Village

I feel a little bit guilty being celebrated today. I am starting to learn more and more that the secret to any mother's success is her support system. From husbands to family (near or far) to friends (of any age) to church to playgroups to Abby Cadabby to McDonalds to the internet to the iPhone (the list goes on and on and on), it's easy to come to the end of a day and feel like you've really done NOTHING to earn the title of mother. Especially the past few weeks (ahem, the arrival of Howard), I have been blown away by the selfless service I have received from others. On many levels.

So this Mother's Day I find myself EXTREMELY grateful for the extensive support system I have in my life. It is my greatest joy to be Gary's wife and to have the privilege to be the mother of Maggie and Howard...jobs and roles I am well aware that I can only do thanks to the slew of people and resources around me. Thank you!

No comments: