Sunday, August 16, 2009

Lazy Sunday

Today I am taking a break from errands, guests, cleaning, organizing and lists...and taking it easy. OK, OK, some of those things might be unavoidable, but I'm doing my best! And at 8.5 months pregnant, I'm not feeling too bad about it.

Gary is off at a bike race (watching, not racing), Rachel (my very special weekend visitor) has left, and it is quite a stormy afternoon. Perfect for a nap and a movie and some good old fashioned time on the couch bonding with my baby. My 5+ pound, 17+ inch baby who moves around like she still thinks she's a little peanut. Ow!

Speaking of Baby, thought I should post some pics of the progress on the nursery. Sweet Rachel has helped with this room more than anyone...from helping to clean out the closet and mess that was there this spring, to helping me with some final errands and decorations this weekend. She has been a huge help.

Starting to pack the bag!

The crib and the "mobile" that Rachel and I created last night.

Changing table/dresser (yes, I finally finished it!) and our little "reading" corner. Recovering the rocking chair is the last big thing to do!

Carseat and stroller all ready to go.

View as you walk in the room. Just need some curtains and we'll be all set.

So there you go. The countdown has diminished quickly to six weeks...and I find myself wondering quite often at what point during that timeframe our little girl will choose to join us.

Now, Elizabeth Bennett and Mr. Collins are requesting the pleasure of my company...

2 comments:

CharChar said...

Love it, love it, love it!!!

the ferwerda family said...

Beth, I love the nursery and you are too adorable!! I'm thinking about you and praying for you and your little princess! So excited for you and Gary and can't wait for her to arrive!! Enjoy these last few weeks of "just the two of you:)" Allison