Friday, August 21, 2009

This one's for you, Marvin.

Pregnancy has changed me in a lot of ways. Mainly, I've started to just not care about things.
Sleeping, eating and comfort tend to trump anything these days.

As of last night, I decided I had probably crossed the line when I had two people two days in a row comment on my lack of makeup. Considering I haven't worn makeup during the week for most of the summer, this caught me a little off-guard. However, it made me realize a few things:

1. I looked way worse than even I thought I did. (And aren't you supposed to be your own worst critic?)
2. I haven't seen the sun nearly enough this summer.
3. I've done something I swore I would never do - I've LET MYSELF GO. I've become one of "those" moms!

So this morning I took a few extra minutes on the train and put my face on. I even put color on my lips. (Gasp!) That usually only happens on Sundays!!

As I stepped off the train, I suddenly felt much better about both myself and my day.

Ironically, I emerged from the basement this morning for a meeting and one of my co-workers told me, "Your makeup looks really nice today. Did you do something different?"

And thus I would like to say: Stacy and Clinton, you were right. About everything.

P.S. - (I imagine that only my sisters will get the title to this post.)

No comments: