Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Animal House

Greetings from the Absentee Blogger! I'd like to think that 99% of people could care less how often I post, but I know to the grandparents and relatives who are out of town it's pretty much the same as being an absentee mother. So, my apologies. (I've been trying to think of a new name for my blog...perhaps this is it!)

We've been having so much fun enjoying fall! No apple picking or pumpkin patches for us this year, but the weather has just been fantastic, and we've been trying to take advantage of every minute.

Maggie still loves playing with her car (k-k-k) and going to the park down the street. She recently discovered/accomplished going down the slide by herself, which was maybe one of her top 10 Proudest Moments Ever. I wish I had a picture of her face. And her technique...head first, hands out, Superman style.

We've also discovered our local petting zoo, which is really more of a farm animal zoo, but for the price of $0, you can bet we're getting our money's worth! Maggie is still a little uncertain of any animals that are bigger than her, but LOVES the chickens (ch-ch) and the caged birds (go figure).

Note her face - not quite sure whether to smile or cry. I think she was conflicted about most things we saw that day.

Checking out the rabbits...from a safe distance.

The deer was really the only "larger" animal that she showed any interest in.

Learning dental hygiene from the llamas.

Have I mentioned that we're walking??

The leaves and squirrels - obviously WAY more interesting than anything at the zoo.

I just had to include this shot. It cracks me up. I was so excited when I first saw it, then I zoomed in and saw Maggie's eyes. Arg!! Guess it's just the first of many imperfect family pictures. And I guess it's a good lesson to always take more than one picture...just in case.

Speaking of leaves and squirrels, watching the birds and squirrels in our yard has become one of Maggie's favorite thing to do. When we're not actually outside, she will stand in this window forever just looking. Our backyard neighbors, who join Maggie in her love for All God's Creatures, have taken the liberty to expand their bird/squirrel feeding haven and nailed in a little nut feeder on our side of the fence. Haha!

No comments: