Thursday, December 30, 2010

Momcation

So you may be wondering where we've been.

The answer is enjoying sleeping in until 8:30, cooking without worrying about the meat thermometer going in someone's eye, walking around without an extra 25 pounds on my hip, taking two-hour afternoon naps, having more than myself to depend on during middle-of-the-night meltdowns, shopping without entertaining, etc.

It's true. I've been on a glorious MOMCATION. Otherwise known as nearly two weeks at my in-laws. When I think about it too hard I start to feel guilty, but then I consider what life will be like in just three short months and I just enjoy it and soak it all in. I also remember how awesome it must be for those who don't get to see Maggie very often to spend so much time with her. (It's been three months since her grandmother saw her!)

My lack of posting has not been due to being overly busy, obviously. Unfortunately, I forgot the camera cord at home, and I know that pics of Maggie are one of the only reasons people read my blog...so I figured it was better to just not post at all.

Now that we are home I am planning on catching up on the updates of Christmas and life in general with our little girl on the go (also a reason for the lack of pictures...she is hard to keep up with, let alone sit still!). It's been an awesome few weeks of being together. I don't think any of us are ready for "real life" to hit again next week.

As for right now...I'm off to figure out what it means to do be productive during naps again...