It's been awhile since I've done a Good Food post. I'm glad to tell you that this one involves chocolate.
I made this over the weekend for some friends who came over. A few disclaimers:
1) This recipe must be REALLY easy for me to forego making chocolate chip cookies or brownies. My disposable time is not exactly at a premium these days. So try it. It's REALLY easy.
2) I know it's risky to try something new for guests, but come on, with "Nutella" in the title, how bad can it be?? Take the risk. It's REALLY good.
3) The photos on the original recipe are way better than mine. (Note to self: need glass dessert cups.)
No Bake Nutella Cheesecakes (from My Baking Addiction)
YIELD: 4-6 servings
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
For the Crust
12 Oreo Cookies, crushed into crumbs
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For the Filling
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup Nutella
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 (8 ounce) tub frozen whipped topping, thawed
For the Garnish
whipped topping, optional
chocolate shavings, optional
toasted, chopped hazelnuts, optional
1. In a medium bowl, stir together the Oreo cookie crumbs and melted butter. Evenly divide the crumbs between your individual serving dishes and press into the bottoms of the dishes to form a crust layer.
Yes, that would be Oreos. And butter.
2. In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and Nutella until smooth. Add vanilla and mix to combine. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the whipped topping until well blended and no streaks remain.
3. Evenly pipe or spoon the filling into individual serving dishes. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
My piping skills leave much to be desired. Before I added the chocolate chips they looked like a dessert that would be featured by Dr. Seuss or Tim Burton.
4. If desired, garnish with additional whipped topping, chocolate shavings, and/or toasted, chopped hazelnuts.