Sunday, May 16, 2010

Monster of the Midway

Yesterday Maggie and I were able to witness our first race of the season. A little impromptu invitation from my parents saw all four of us driving into the city to support Gary as he raced in the "Monsters of the Midway" criterium down at University of Chicago.

It was a wonderful spectator race, made even better by the fact that in his second race he decided to take off on the back stretch (something you normally wouldn't be able to see) after riding on the back of the pack almost the entire race, and held his lead almost until the end, where he ended up with a more than respectable third place finish.

I couldn't be more proud.

Still working on my action photography skills (thus the apparent lack of them), and my excitement/shock about his lead at the end took me completely off-guard, so I have NO photos of that, AND do you see what Maggie is wearing?? It's MAY 15!!!






1 comment:

CharChar said...

OH!! A BIKE race!! No WONDER we're all so proud! Way to hit the pedals, Gare! And Maggie's pink outfit that day would serve her well in Cali. right now... it's FREEZING around here lately! Great photos... thanks for posting (and I'm waiting for one of Muggs, too!!)