Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Diaper Dandy

I went to Target tonight to buy diapers. Like laundry detergent, I always seem to think I'm running out long before I do, and since we're down to one car right now and I've been consolidating my errands, I've just kept pushing it off. Until tonight. I put Maggie in her last diaper - as in the one I was storing in the diaper bag (and what happened to the 3 or 4 that are perpetually in there??). Literally as I was walking out the door to leave for the store I hear Gary call, "Oh man. She's pooping. What are we going to do?" Of course I have no idea what to do and my first thought was just wait til I get back, but instead I pull the mom card of having it All Together and say, "well, guess we'll have to do a cloth diaper." Which of course I also have no idea how to do. Having purchased some very reliable diaper covers since the blowout episode, I channel Tim Gunn. Then I fly out the door to make the World's Fastest Trip to Target (is that an oxymoron?) to get the goods and return before she goes to bed. Based on the near horror stories I've heard from cloth-diapering friends about the all-night cloth diaper and the fact that my assembly skills were questionable, I knew I had to return before she went to sleep. Why I somehow thought that this would be the night that she would sleep through the night I don't know - chances were good that I would have at least three opportunities to change her during the night.

But I made it. Even though isles I hardly ever peruse were screaming my name, I stayed true to my course and returned on time.

And for those of you who are visual learners and have just skimmed over this entire post, here is a picture of Maggie post-bath today. She hasn't had a bath in a week. Her last bath was when we were in Florida. This bath was in our new bathtub. I mention both of these because they are both things I need to write about...isn't she getting chubby??

No comments: