Sunday, June 17, 2012

Spontaneity

One month ago we found ourselves contemplating the fact that Gary was going to be gone every single night one week, and out of town three of those nights. In a last-minute manner very unlike us, on Saturday afternoon we made the decision for the kids and I to spend the week in Chicago, and by dinnertime we were packed and on the road.

We so enjoyed our time with both family and friends that we don't see regularly anymore. Maggie and Howie were in heaven at Gramma and Papa's house, especially in their third floor "toy" room. The weather was picture perfect, and there were several days that we literally had to FORCE the kids to go outside.

Even though there are no pictures to document, I spent a significant period of time down in the city with my sister and some dear friends. It was a highlight of the trip for me for sure, especially since her work and school schedule rarely allow us to see her very much when we are in town.


Having tea with Aunt Heather. I believe she is telling me to "go away" in this picture.


Feeding the ducks at Cosley Zoo. It was so fun to revisit some of our old favorite places!


H-man being H-man.


Maggie and Ellery hamming it up as usual.


"Hey Bud! I might be small, but I'm scrappy! Back off!"


No caption necessary.


Pretending to be race cars with Ella and Noah. I don't think Maggie has a strong concept of what race cars actually are/do, but she was more than happy to run as fast as she could.


She was also more than happy to hold baby Hans. She has a slight obsession with babies. Oh dear.


How many pictures is too many pictures of H in the bathtub?


Both of them LOVED their baths in Gramma's big tub. Uncle Paul walked in during this one. Too bad they weren't happy to see him.


Love this kid.


Munchkins eating munchkins.


I am not exaggerating when I say that these two were literally like this the ENTIRE THREE+ HOURS they were together.


I love these girls. What a special bond we will always have with Charlotte!


Making herself comfortable on the way home.

Another huge highlight for me was that my parents drove back with me and the kids and spent the weekend with us. As a result, Gary and my dad were able to race together on Sunday! It was really cool and very special, and a great way to close our time with them.







What a FUN trip and a great way to kick our summer off!

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

How did I miss this post?? Love the pics a nd it was so great to you all. Miss you all!