Thursday, July 21, 2011

Annual Book Club


Look! Thanks to our trip, I read my book for the year! I can't tell you what a relief it is to have my yearly book reading out of the way and it's only July. Hmm...maybe this year it will be TWO books! Don't get your hopes up.

Shockingly, it only took me three days instead of two months this time. Either I really am becoming a better reader, or that's the difference between fiction/non-fiction for me. Probably the latter. Or maybe the lack of internet.

In case you're wondering, it's a fantastic book. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and was even a little sad when I was done. A great, light, entertaining read.

Strangely enough, I picked it up after reading about it on a friend's blog and then subsequently finding it on the nightstand at my mom's house in the room I was sleeping in. There's a quote in the book that says, “I wonder how the book got to Guernsey? Perhaps there is some secret sort of homing instinct in books that brings them to their perfect readers.” And so I read it. And I'm glad I did.

1 comment:

martowen said...

I really liked this book too! I would love to visit those islands someday...someday when nursing babies and changing diapers aren't part of my daily routine. ;)