Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Where We've Been

Several weeks ago (it was originally 4 when I started this post...who knows how many it's been now) we packed up the van for what we thought would be a week trip to Chicago. This turned into two weeks in Chicago followed by nearly a week in the Smokey Mountains with my parents...for a grand total of 3 weeks!

Here's how it went down:
We spent the first part of the week celebrating my sister's graduation from Northwestern. We (the Andersons) didn't technically attend either graduation ceremony, but were more than happy to partake in the celebration activities (read: FOOD).

Hail the conquering graduate!

Also in town to celebrate were my grandparents, who we were delighted to see and be able to spend some quality time with. They were overjoyed to meet their youngest great grandson.

Big H and Little H

Mamaw spent HOURS holding the baby. I think they bonded, and I'm sure she misses him as much as he misses her!

In addition to our family, we were also able to connect with some "old" friends. It was wonderful, and in so many ways felt like we never left. Unfortunately, I only got pics with the Leibman kids. Not unfortunate that I got those pictures...just that I didn't get any with anyone else! Arg!

Remember the last time they sat at this table?

Levi and Howard...believe it or not, Howard is almost 2 months older than him!

The big sisters look a little skeptical about this whole picture thing.

Yes, believe it or not, this is the best picture we got of all four kids.

Unfortunately, Maggie came down with an ear infection (who gets an ear infection in the middle of June??) at the beginning of the week, and it took her pretty much the rest of the week to recover. It definitely slowed us down that week, but I was thankful to be able to go back to our old doctor, have my mom around at night and also to have almost an entire second week to have extra playdates and lunches with friends!

We LOVED catching up at the parks. Proximity to good playgrounds is one of the things we miss a lot in Ohio!

Enjoying the sun in my friend Nicole's beautiful backyard. Unfortunately, I don't have pictures of her yard OR her kids. Hmph. Guess we'll just have to come back.

Mags loved hanging out with Auntie Laura.

Reading with Grandma. I believe in this picture she was a little shocked to find her "Frankie" stuffed dog in someone else's room in the PBK catalog.

The second weekend was the memorial service for my grandfather, who passed away in March. ALL of the Muller cousins were in town (other than my sister Kat), which was a very special treat.



I know there is MUCH I left out. It was a very full and rich two weeks...definitely a highlight of the summer.

Details about the cabin to come SOON...however, I've already sacrificed my shower tonight in order to post this one. Considering that the temperature was above 90 today that says a lot...although I'm not sure what about - my commitment to my blog or my hygiene.

1 comment:

Kirstin said...

I LOVE OLIVIA!!! and you guys