Friday, August 19, 2011

Best Buds

(At least in her mind)


Maggie blowing her nose:


Then extending the favor.


For not being a very cuddly kid, she LOVES to lay down next to Howard. The other day she crawled under his playmat with him and grabbed his hand...then she started moving it up and down really fast going, "Nice to meet you! Nice to meet you!"


She's getting so much better about me not constantly being in the room with her, or having to "come wif" me everywhere. One day I had to do something and I asked her to talk to Howard while I was gone, and I came back to find them like this.


They are starting to find they have similar interests. Namely television. My outward appearance is thankful for this discovery. Our bedroom has also been transformed to a theater, FYI.


Maggie has lately refused to take baths. Unless Howard is present. Apparently being in the big bathtub together is not good enough for her...as this is how they end up at the end of almost every bath now. Last night her observant little mind also discovered that there are some differences between boys and girls. (I'm actually shocked it took her this long!)


I feel like most days/weeks around here we are living in A Tale of Two Cities, "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times." Having two so close together (maybe period?) has definitely been a challenge. But when they play together in Maggie's crib for a half hour or Maggie wants to "hode em" and "kiss em" and he responds with a smile and a laugh it definitely melts away much of the craziness that is our lives these days.


No comments: