Friday, October 2, 2009

October Day

A couple of weeks before Maggie was born we were driving back from Home Depot accompanied by the most beautiful sunset. I remarked how Wheaton has the most amazing sunsets. This was followed by a "you're joking, right?" look from Gary. But I wasn't joking. It's SO true. In fact, I remember practically running out of the dining hall with my roommate to climb up Blanchard tower to admire the view. I did a lot of strange things my freshman year of college. I think I thought of it as "sucking the marrow out of life." HA. Really, it was probably "how can I avoid studying?"

Another freshman year brainchild was October Day. Established by myself and one of my college girlfriends, October Day occurs on October 1. On October Day, you must go for a walk and have a picnic and do whatever other lovely fall things you would like. Yesterday was technically October Day, but it was a nasty, rainy fall day. However, in honor of the holiday, I thought I should post some pics of our walk from the night before.



What up, Holmes? Yeah...still working on finding clothes that fit...

No comments: