Thursday, October 1, 2009

Life Lately

Considering the past two weeks have been the best and most eventful of my life, I suppose it's a bit mortifying that I haven't posted AT ALL. I suppose this is in part because I'm still trying to find the balance between spending 8+ hours a day as a human milk bar on the couch and getting the rest of "life" done. But it is mostly due to the fact that I have a hard time putting life lately into words.

Saturday, September 19, at 3:35 in the morning Gary and I found ourselves holding the newest member of our family - Margaret Elizabeth. She is a tiny little peanut, weighing 6 lbs, 3 oz and 19.25 inches long. (This would be the 3rd percentile in weight, 33rd in height)

It's already hard to remember being pregnant and working full time downtown...my life has been turned completely upside down and I couldn't be more thrilled.

There are some days that being a mom/caring for a baby just seems to come natural, just flows into each day...and then there are moments that I look at her and think, "I have no idea what I'm doing! Where's the instruction manual? Why is she crying? How am I responsible for another life??" And then I look at her and completely forget whatever I was previously thinking about.


Just in case you were wondering, she's the spitting image of Dad.

2 comments:

Tara said...

Adorable! I was so happy to see a blog update. :-) And yes, there is definitely a heavy dose of Anderson in that little girl! And woohoo on the new mac-- a "push present?" (I hate that term, but the idea is good...)

Laura said...

Love this picture of you two! So cute! Also, you forgot to include a picture of your new phone...