Monday, January 10, 2011

Waiting for Morning

As Maggie and I wandered around Target tonight trying to distract ourselves from the fact that we had just said goodbye to Gary for another week (don't ever go to Target when you're hungry and depressed, by the way), my thoughts turned to my sister-in-law and her sweet husband who said goodbye to each other today for two months as he heads halfway across the world on his deployment. Perspective is a funny thing. I suddenly didn't feel so sorry for myself anymore.

I began to think about how much I respect and admire them both, especially as they head into this time of great unknowns and solitude. They both have an incredible attitude about it all, and even as we talked to both of them over Christmas, neither seemed to be shaken by this impending time of separation.

As I think about both of our situations and how we all must have felt throughout today, I was struck by a verse that Gary sent me as he got off the plane tonight,

"Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning." Psalm 30:5

I hope and pray that we all find true Joy in this season in our lives, giving us strength to endure any duration of weeping or sadness we may face as we wait for the Morning to come.



No comments: