I realized after posting the Orange Chicken recipe it was probably wrong of me not to post my "Best Meal" ever after mentioning it...
Here you go. No explanation needed. And no excuses not to make it, as I have an entire meal laid out here for you.
Gingered Flank Steak
• 1 1 pound flank steak (I get this at Costco - you get two in a pack, and it's just as much work to make two when you're already making one, so I make one to have and freeze the other one. It is a great treat to know it's already in your freezer ready to go!)
• 1/4 c. soy sauce
• 3 T sugar
• 3 T ketchup
• 1 T bottle ground fresh ginger (I use Rachael Ray's technique of grating about a 1-1.5 inch piece of fresh ginger. Peel the other pieces and cut them into 1 inch pieces and freeze - then it's already set to go next time you need it...like for your Orange Chicken night)
• 1 T cider vinegar (I always use rice vinegar because that's what I have on hand...I think anything would work)
• 1/4 t ground red pepper
Combine steak and all ingredients into a zip-lock back. Marinate up to 2 hours. Grill for 5 minutes on each side (a little longer if using a grill pan - my personal favorite). Cut the steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
Sauteed Snow Peas
• Snow peas (or sugar snap work well, too!)
• Dark sesame oil
• Salt and pepper
Saute snow peas in a bit of olive oil and water. Toss lightly in dark sesame oil, salt and pepper.
Rice Noodle Salad
• 3 c. cooked rice noodles (thin)
• 1 c. cucumber, sliced
• 1 c. sliced baby carrots (optional)
• 2 T soy sauce
• 1 T rice vinegar
• 1 t sugar
• 1/4 t crushed red pepper
Combine rice noodles and cucumber. Mix other ingredients for the dressing. Pour dressing over noodles, toss well. Serve chilled.