Monday, April 19, 2010
This has been hands-down one of my favorite months.
Maggie is just developing more and more into her own person with each day. I'm not quite sure how to fully describe it, but she is so much more aware of what's going on around her. She's also starting to interact with us more...which is a ton of fun. Almost like she understands us.
This month she conquered:
- Sitting up on her own. She still has the occasional topple, but she's fairly steady most of the time.
- "Solid" foods
- Sleeping sans swaddle
- Taking longer than 30-minute naps (most days)
- Putting herself to sleep
(The last three can be summed up in one word: FREEDOM!)
- Playing games/songs with her hands (pat-a-cake, Father Abraham, etc.)
- Talking and singing. She says "Heh" a lot, which we like to think is her saying "Hi" or "Hey" back to us, but we know she's a long way from talking.
I like this picture because it looks like she's telling you a story with a sassy attitude.
- Peek-a-boo (more than happy to play this on her own)
- Putting EVERYTHING in her mouth (STILL)
- Being outside. Thankfully it's been a wonderful spring so far.
- Her dad. Her face when she sees him every night after work just melts my heart.
Seeing/hearing them play and laugh together is one of my favorite things.
- Rolling. Doesn't show too much interest in crawling, but can roll across the room before you can turn around.
- Every morning when I get her out of her crib, I go over and open up her blinds. She gets the biggest kick out of it. Even though she can't quite grab on, she still tries. Every morning.
She also started reaching this month...for things, people...it's just awesome to see her understand and express what she wants.
I apologize for the slew of pictures. Sort of. I've been nearly glued to my new camera lens since Friday night...and what better subject to practice using it on than a roly-poly baby??
Posted by Beth at 7:16 PM